Asylum Seekers, Refugees and Human Rights: Snapshot Report (Australian Human Rights Commission, Oct. 2013) [access]
Australia’s Offshore Humanitarian Program: 2012–13 (Dept. of Immigration & Citizenship, 2013) [text]
Australia’s Operation Sovereign Borders:
Risks for Australia-Indonesia Relations, RSIS Commentaries, No. 179/2013 (RSIS, Oct. 2013) [text]
A Country Too Far: Writings on Asylum Seekers, edited by Rosie Scott and Tom Keneally – Review (The Guardian's Australia Culture Blog, Oct. 2013) [text]
- Note: See also info. on a launch event for this book on 22 November 2013.
Housing Issues for Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Australia: A Literature Review (Refugee Council of Australia, Sept. 2013) [text]
Reformed Australian Immigration Policy Turns Refugees Away (Human Rights Brief Blog, Oct. 2013) [text]
*Regional Engagement and Effective Protection: The Australian Way, Oxford, 30 Oct. 2013 [access]
- Follow link for podcast of this RSC Seminar.
New advocacy campaigns:
The Hot Potato (Asylum Seeker Resource Centre) [access]
- "Cooling the heat on the asylum debate."
What Would You Do? (Jewish Aid Australia) [access]
- "Putting the humanity back into the asylum seeker conversation."
- News: International Refugee Law Research Centre Launched in Australia
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.