Event and opportunity:
The Private Sector and the Global Refugee Regime, Oxford, 19 November 2013 [info]
- Work-in-progress seminar.
CFP: Humanitarian Innovation Conference, Oxford, 19-20 July 2014 [info]
- Deadline for proposed submissions is 31 January 2014.
"Making Space" in the Humanitarian World (HIP Blog, Oct. 2013) [text]
The Two Worlds of Humanitarian Innovation, Working Paper, no. 94 (RSC, Aug. 2013) [text]
UNHCR Ideas: "An online-management platform enabling UNHCR staff members and partners to share ideas and find innovative solutions to challenges in refugee protection and assistance." The first challenge was launched on 12 Aug. 2013 and asked "How can access to information and services provided by UNHCR and partners be improved for refugees and people of concern residing in urban areas?". The recently announced winner is Justin Senn with UNHCR Nairobi, who proposed an online information portal for refugees. Future participants are invited to sign up for the next challenge, to be presented in the fall.
For more information about this initiative, read:
- UNHCR Ideas: An Introduction (UNHCR Innovation) [text]
- UNHCR Crowd-sources Refugee Solutions (IRIN, Sept. 2013) [text]
To follow the challenge process, view:
- UNHCR Ideas: The 3 Most Popular Ideas (23 Aug. 2013) [access]
- UNHCR Ideas: "Hot" Users (5 Sept. 2013) [access]
- UNHCR Ideas: Expert Review (24 Sept. 2013) [access]
For updates, follow UNHCR Innovation's Facebook page
Forced Migration Innovation Project (SMU Anthropology Department) [access]
- "Researching the role of innovation, career-laddering, and the private sector in securing sustainable refugee livelihoods."
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.