Free Legal Training on New Immigration Rules on Statelessness, London, 5 December 2013 [info]
- Register by 21 November 2013.
Job: Research Officer, "Stateless Diasporas in the EU," Oxford Diasporas Programme [info]
- Apply by 22 November 2013.
Call for Presenters: First Global Forum on Statelessness, The Hague, 15-17 September 2014 [info]
- Deadline for proposals is 1 December 2013.
Al-Jedda, "Statelessness" and the Meaning of Words (Free Movement, Oct. 2013) [text]
- Discusses UK Supreme Court judgment in Secretary of State for the Home Department v Al-Jedda; see also the Equal Rights Trust's summary of the case. The Guardian reports that the UK Home Secretary is now working on a way to "strip British terror suspects of their citizenship and take away their UK passports even if it leaves them stateless."
A Boat without Anchors: A Report on the Legal Status of Ethnic Vietnamese Minority Populations in Cambodia under Domestic and International Law Governing Nationality and Statelessness (JRS Cambodia, Jan. 2013) [text]
- See also related Statelessness Programme blog post.
EU Citizenship for Stateless People? (ENS Blog, Nov. 2013) [text]
|Image credit: Nowhere People on FB|
- See also Washington Post news story.
Out of Limbo: Promoting the Right of Stateless Roma People to a Legal Status in Italy (ENS Blog, Nov. 2013) [text]
A Ray of Hope for Stateless Sahrawis in Spain? (ENS Blog, Oct. 2013) [text]
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.