December 3rd was the International Day of Persons with Disabilities. This year's theme was "Sustainable Development: The Promise of Technology."
Disability Inclusion in the Syrian Refugee Response in Lebanon: Field Visit Summary, May/June 2014 (Women's Refugee Commission, Sept. 2014) [text via Refworld]
Human Rights for Disabled in Conflicts and Refugee Settings: Ignored and Forgotten?, Oslo, 3 Dec. 2014 [info]
- Follow link for concept note and programme.
The Intersection of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Disability in Three Refugee Contexts (Women's Refugee Commission, Oct. 2014) [access]
- Follow link for synthesis report and three country reports focusing on "urban refugees in Kampala, Uganda, camp-based refugees in Kakuma, Kenya, and camp-based refugees in Nepal."
Positive Practices in Disability Inclusion (Women's Refugee Commission):
- "It starts with building trust": From Outreach to the Community Center (Sept. 2014) [text]
- "Socialize, not stigmatize": Including Children with Disabilities in Child-friendly Spaces (Sept. 2014) [text]
- "Taking a team approach": Overcoming Barriers, Starting with Attitudes (Sept. 2014) [text]
- "We all have a role": The Valuable Contributions of Persons with Disabilities in Community Outreach (Sept. 2014) [text]
"To 'Promote, Protect and Ensure': Overcoming Obstacles to Identifying Disability in Forced Migration," Journal of Refugee Studies, Advance Access, 7 July 2014 [eprint via SSRN]
- Thematic Focus: Disability (11 June 2014)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.