Event & opportunity:
Webinar: The Centrality of Protection: What Does It Mean in Practice?, 16 December 2014 [info]
Webcast: The Role of Gender in Humanitarian Protection and Response, 18 December 2014 [info]
Working Together in the Field for Effective Humanitarian Response, Berlin, 3-4 March 2015 [info]
- Registration is now open for ALNAP member organizations; some places also available for external participants. Deadline for exhibitors' applications is 30 December 2014; deadline for members' registration is 20 January 2015.
Call for Applications: First Global Humanitarianism Research Academy (GHRA) 2015 [info]
- Deadline for applications is 31 December 2014.
Ancient Origins, Modern Actors: Defining Arabic Meanings of Humanitarianism, HPG Working Paper (ODI, Nov. 2014) [text]
Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (DanChurchAid, Dec. 2014) [text via ReliefWeb]
Equipped to Meet Tomorrow’s Humanitarian Challenges?
Conference Marking the 20th Anniversary of the Code of Conduct, Geneva, 5 Dec. 2014 [info]
- Follow link for agenda and concept paper.
Evaluating Protection in Humanitarian Action: Issues and Challenges (ALNAP, Dec. 2014) [text]
Humanitarian Access in Situations of Armed Conflict (Conflict Dynamics, Dec. 2014) [access via ReliefWeb]
- Follow link for the second versions of both the Handbook on the International Normative Framework and the Practitioners' Manual.
Humanitarians under Attack: Delivering Aid in Insecure Settings, Webcast, 20 Nov. 2014 [access]
- Follow link for audio.
Is Medical Care Really under Fire? A Debate on Humanitarian Security (Off the Cuff, Nov. 2014) [text]
World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2014 (OCHA, Dec. 2014) [text]
- See also related web site.
Humanitarian History [access]
- Aim of this project is to "make the history of the humanitarian sector more easily accessible to humanitarian workers and researchers
to facilitate" and "support the work of those researching the history of the humanitarian sector."
INFORM: Index for Risk Management [access]
- "[A] global, open-source risk assessment for humanitarian crises and disasters; it can support decisions about prevention, preparedness and response."
- Thematic Focus: Humanitarian Assistance (18 Nov. 2014)
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.