Events & opportunities:
Conference: Undesirable and Unreturnable?
Policy Challenges around Excluded Asylum Seekers and Other Migrants Suspected of Serious Criminality but Who Cannot be Removed, London, 25-26 January 2016 [info]
- Places are still available for this meeting. Note: A selection of conference papers will eventually be published in the Journal of International Criminal Justice and Refugee Survey Quarterly.
CFP Reminder: The Future of Refugee Law, London, 29 June-1 July 2016 [info]
- Submission deadline is 30 January 2016.
See also other protection-related events & opportunities.
"Book Review: Refuge from Inhumanity? War Refugees and International Humanitarian Law," International Review of the Red Cross, vol. 96, nos. 895-896 (Dec. 2014) [full-text]
"Forced Displacement as a War Crime in Non-international Armed Conflicts under the ICC Statute: Exploring the Horizons of a Wider Interpretation Complementing International Humanitarian Law," Oxford Monitor of Forced Migration, vol. 5, no. 2 (Dec. 2015) [full-text]
Law, Dignity & Socio-Economic Rights: The Case of Asylum Seekers in Europe (SSRN, Jan. 2016) [text]
A Matter of Time: Enacting the Exclusion of Onshore Refugee Applicants through the Reform and Acceleration of Refugee Determination Processes, Oñati Socio-legal Series, vol. 6, no. 1 (2016) [text via SSRN]
Safety Zones in Countries of Origin: A Violation of International Law?, London, 6 Nov. 2015 [info]
- Follow link for podcast.
Seeking Refuge in EU Delegations Abroad: A Legal Imbroglio Explored, Working Paper, no. 162 (KU Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies, Sept. 2015) [text]
Human Rights Day (Oxford Journals) [access]
- "We’re celebrating Human Rights Month from December through the start of 2016 and, in reflection of current human rights issues, we’ve worked with the editors of our law and social science titles to identify relevant, recent articles which are free to read until the end of April, 2016."
Refugee Law Reader (Hungarian Helsinki Committee) [access]
- All language editions of the Reader were updated in 2015.
- Thematic Focus: Law/Policy Items (12 Jan. 2016)
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.