Event & opportunity:
CFP: Statelessness Working Paper Series [info]
- Submission deadline extended to 15 March 2016.
Seminar: On the Threshold of Statelessness: Palestinian Narratives of Loss and Erasure, London, 16 March 2016 [info]
Institute on Statelessness and Inclusion: Statelessness Summer Course, Tilburg, Neth., 1-5 August 2016 [info]
- Application process opens in February; deadline is set for 15 April 2016.
Ad-Hoc Query on Recognition of Stateless Persons (European Migration Network, May 2015) [text]
Creating a Regional Network on Statelessness in Central Asia and Lessons from Europe (ENS Blog, Jan. 2016) [text]
Ensuring Gender Equal Nationality Laws is Key to Ending Statelessness (ENS Blog, Jan. 2016) [text]
"Everyday Statelessness in Italy: Status, Rights, and Camps," Ethnic and Racial Studies, vol. 39, no. 2 (2016) [free full-text]
My Children's Future (Equal Rights Trust, Dec. 2015) [access]
- Follow link for video. Related report with the same title was referenced in this earlier post. See also summary of key findings.
Problems with Facts about Rohingya Statelessness (e-International Relations, Dec. 2015) [text]
Rohingyas: The Emergence of a Stateless Community (Mahanirban Calcutta Research Group, 2015) [text]
Statelessness: A Year in Review, 2015 (Institute on Statelessness and Inclusion, Jan. 2016) [text]
- "This Year in Review looks back at 2015, highlighting some of the news, law and policy updates, publications and resources, announcements and events featured in our monthly bulletins."
Statelessness Working Paper Series (Institute on Statelessness and Inclusion, Dec. 2015) [access]
- The first four have been published:
#1: Statelessness in the GCC: Gender Discrimination Beyond Nationality Law;
#2: Gender Discrimination in Nepal and How Statelessness Hampers Identity Formation;
#3: Statelessness at the United Nations Compensation Commission (UNCC);
#4: Acts of Citizenship and Alternative Perspectives on Voice among Stateless Vietnamese Children in Cambodia.
- Thematic Focus: Statelessness (8 Dec. 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.