Academics for Refugees Policy Paper: A Just and Humane Approach for Refugees (Academics for Refugees, Aug. 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
Australians Today (Scanlon Foundation, Aug. 2016) [text]
- Reports on research into multiculturalism. See also related post on The Conversation.
Briefing Book: Key Issues for the 45th Parliament (Parliamentary Library, 2016) [text]
- Scroll down to see chapters focusing on migration & immigration.
"Human Rights and the National Interest: The Case Study of Asylum, Migration, and National Border Protection," Boston College International & Comparative Law Review, vol. 39, no. 1 (2016) [full-text]
"Methods for a Longitudinal Cohort of Refugee Children in a Regional Community in Australia," BMJ Open, vol. 6, no. 8: e011387 (Aug. 2016) [open access]
Reforming the International Protection Regime: Responsibilities, Roles and Policy Options for Australia (Lowy Institute, Aug. 2016) [text]
"Sovereign Borders: The Militarisation of Asylum Seeker Discourses in Australian Television News Media," Glocalism: Journal of Culture, Politics and Innovation, 2016(2) (Aug. 2016) [open access]
Stopping the Boats: A Threat to the Architecture of Protection - Part II (Jesuit Refugee Service, Sept. 2016) [text]
Unintended Consequences: The Impact of Migration Law and Policy (ANU Press, Aug. 2016) [text]
- Includes Chapter 7, "Not Drowning, Waving: Images, History, and the Representation of Asylum Seekers."
The Tampa Affair: 15 Years on (Kaldor Centre) [access]
- New web page that "contains resources on the 'Tampa Affair', a turning point in the history of Australia's asylum and refugee policy."
- Regional Focus: Australia (17 Aug. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.