Webinar: Cities and Refugees: The European Response, Online, 22 September 2016 [info]
"Agency, Resistance and (Forced) Mobilities: The Case of Syrian Refugees in Transit through Italy," REMHU: Revista Interdisciplinar da Mobilidade Humana, vol. 24, no. 47 (May/Aug. 2016) [full-text]
Cities and Refugees: The German Experience (Brookings, Sept. 2016) [text]
- See also related webinar above.
Europe’s Refugees and Migrants: Hidden Flows, Tightened Borders and Spiralling Costs (ODI, Sept. 2016) [text]
- Also access related video and infographic via the same link, and this IRIN news story.
European Opinions of the Refugee Crisis in 5 Charts (Pew Research, Sept. 2016) [text]
Exploding Europe: Germany, the Refugees and the British Vote to Leave, SPERI Paper, no. 31 (Univ. of Sheffield, Sept. 2016) [text]
Humanitarian Exchange, no. 67 (Sept. 2016) [full-text]
- This issue features 16 articles which focus on "Refugees and Vulnerable Migrants in Europe."
openMovements (openDemocracy, Sept. 2016) [access] -
- Four-part blog series on the theme of "Migrant Self-organisation and Solidarity."
"Prediction of Approved Asylum Seekers in European Countries," Procedia Engineering, vol. 159 (2016) [open access]
Research Finds WW1 French and Belgian Refugees were Branded 'Shirkers' in the UK and Faced Similar Pressures to Today's Immigrants (Goldsmiths, Univ. of London, Sept. 2016) [text]
Survey Snapshot: Italy (North Africa Mixed Migration Hub, August 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
- Regional Focus: Europe (15 Sept. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.