The Case for Border Controls (Hein de Haas Blog, Aug. 2016) [text]
Civil Wars and Refugees: Why Do Some Civil Wars Generate More Refugees Than Others?, Paper presented at CEEISA-ISA 2016 Joint International Conference, Ljubljana, 23-25 June 2016 [text]
Dangerous Journeys: International Migration Increasingly Unsafe in 2016, Data Briefing Series, no. 4 (IOM Global Migration Data Analysis Centre, Aug. 2016) [text]
- See also related IOM press release.
Forgotten Fatalities: The Number of Migrant Deaths Before Reaching the Mediterranean (DRC & RMMS, July 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
The Nansen Passport: Time to Revive a Realistic Utopia (Refugees Deeply, Aug. 2016) [text]
Refugees: A Small and Relatively Stable Proportion of World Migration (Hein de Haas Blog, Aug. 2016) [text]
Welcome or Not Welcome? Investigating the Causes of Host Countries' Receptivity to Refugees (SSRN, Aug. 2016) [text]
Crisis without Borders, Panel at the Festival of Dangerous Ideas, Sydney, 3 Sept. 2016 [access]
- Follow link for video.
Reddit Discussion with Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Expert, 5 Sept. 2016 [access]
Refugee and Migration Facts Video Series (UNSW) [access]
- Part of the University of New South Wales Grand Challenge on Refugees and Migrants.
Refugee History Blog (University of East Anglia) [access] [Twitter]
- "A new online platform & working network bringing academic research to policy, press & public discussion. Website launches Sept 2016."
- News: September Refugee Summits (6 Sept. 2016)
- Thematic Focus: General (19 Aug. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.