Events & opportunities:
Symposium: Global Migration/Asylum Governance:
Advancing the International Agenda, Geneva, 10-11 October 2016 [info]
Conference: The Global Migration Crisis, New York, 20 October 2016 [info]
CFP: Beyond Crisis: Rethinking Refugee Studies, Oxford, 16-17 March 2017 [info]
- Submit abstract/panel proposals by 15 November 2016.
"Are We Really Facing an Unprecedented Migrant Crisis?," Swissinfo.ch, 22 Sept. 2016 [text]
- Finds that overall migration is actually in decline.
EU Annual Report on Human Rights and Democracy in the World in 2015 (Council of the European Union, June 2016 [thematic] [country/regional]
Global Mapping of UNDP Initiatives on Migration and Displacement (UNDP, Sept. 2016) [text]
- See also UNDP's related publications listed on the right side of the page.
How Many Years do Refugees Stay in Exile? (Dev4Peace Blog, Sept. 2016) [text]
- Analysis finds the often-cited "average length of time that refugees spend in camps is 17 years" statistic to be inaccurate.
How Should the International Community Respond to Migration and Refugees? (WiderAngle Blog, Sept. 2016 [text]
An Inter-religious Statement on Behalf of Forced Migrants (Jesuit Refugee Service, Sept. 2016) [text]
The Invisible Majority: Helping Internally Displaced People (OCHA et al., Sept. 2016) [text]
The Refugee Crisis Needs Concrete Solutions—Here are Three (Order from Chaos Blog, Sept. 2016) [text]
Refugees 101 (Human Rights Watch, Sept. 2016) [text]
Responding to Crises, Helsinki, 23-24 Sept. 2016 [info]
- See concept note; videos will soon be posted.
"Three Emergent Migrations: An Epochal Change," Sur Journal, vol. 13, no. 23 (2016) [full-text via SSRN]
*We Just Lost a Great Leader in the Field of Migration. Now We Must Learn from Him (World Economic Forum Blog, Sept. 2016) [text]
- News: Refugee Summits' Round-up (26 Sept. 2016)
- Thematic Focus: General (16 Sept. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.