"Borders and Duties to the Displaced: Ethical Perspectives on the Refugee Protection System," Journal on Migration and Human Security, vol. 4, no. 3 (2016) [open access]
Building Livelihood Opportunities for Refugee Populations: Lessons from Past Practice (Migration Policy Institute, Sept. 2016) [text]
Chatham House Primer: What is a Refugee? (Chatham House, Sept. 2016) [access]
- Follow link for video.
Forcibly Displaced: Toward a Development Approach Supporting Refugees, the Internally Displaced, and Their Hosts (World Bank, Sept. 2016) [text]
- See also related press release and video.
In Challenge Lies Opportunity: How the World Must Respond to Refugees and Mass Migration (The Elders, Sept. 2016) [text]
Internal Displacement Update: January-August 2016 (IDMC, Sept. 2016) [text]
- See also related press release.
Key Facts about the World’s Refugees (Pew Research, Sept. 2016) [text]
Migration and Protracted Crises: Addressing the Root Causes and Building Resilient Agricultural Livelihoods (FAO, Sept. 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
Report on the Promotion and Protection of the Human Rights of Migrants in the Context of Large Movements, UN Doc. no. A/HRC/33/67 (UN Human Rights Council, Sept. 2016) [text via Refworld
What’s Driving the Global Refugee Crisis? (International Crisis Group, Sept. 2016) [text]
Refugee Research Blog (Researchers for Asylum Seekers) [access]
- "[P]rovides a platform for academic and non-academic research and comment on issues surrounding people seeking asylum and refugees." While the blog was started by an Australia-based group, its posts are not limited geographically.
Road to Refuge (World Bank) [access]
- New topic page on the World Bank web site.
- News: Refugee Summits Next Week (15 Sept. 2016)
- Thematic Focus: General (12 Sept. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.