Nansen Refugee Award:
The deadline for Nansen Refugee Award nominations is fast approaching: 3 February 2014. Visit the relevant UNHCR page for the nomination form and information about the process.
Global Development Network Awards and Medals Competition:
"GDN invites researchers and NGOs from developing countries and transition economies to submit new research proposals, completed research papers and proposals for scaling up development projects." Information on how to apply is available here. Deadline: For research paper abstracts = 31 January 2014; for proposals for research and development projects = 6 March 2014.
2014 Ockenden Prize [info]
- The second annual Ockenden International Prize for refugee projects will be presented 18 February 2014 at Oxford University. This year's finalists are NRC Zimbabwe, ADRA India and ActionAid India.
Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize [info]
- Nominations for 2015 will start to be accepted in August 2014. The 2014 prize will be bestowed some time in the fall.
Global Migration Centre Thesis Award [info]
- "[D]elivered each year on a competitive basis for rewarding an outstanding master thesis of the Graduate Institute."
Lisa Gilad Prize [info]
- "At each biennial meeting of the IASFM, a prize shall be awarded to the author of an article published in one of the two immediately preceding volumes of the Journal of Refugee Studies. The prize shall be awarded to the author of the article adjudged to have made the most innovative and thoughtful contribution to the advancement of refugee studies."
UNHCR Award for Statelessness Research [info]
- Recognizes "excellent research at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels in the field of statelessness."
Tagged Events & Opportunities.