Survey: Global Mapping of EiE Teaching and Learning at the University Level (INEE) [access]
- What courses are being offered in universities that focus on Education in Emergencies? The survey will run until 10 February 2014.
UNHCR Ideas Challenge: "How can better opportunities be provided for refugees to learn and use a new language, both in school and in their daily lives?" [info]
- Seven-week challenge; to participate, first register an account with UNHCR Ideas. More information available from the UNHCR Innovation Facebook page.
Children Still Battling to Go to School (UNESCO, July 2013) [text]
- Background paper for forthcoming 2013/14 Education For All Global Monitoring Report.
LEGO Foundation Donates US$3 Million to Build a Future for Refugee Children (UNHCR, Jan. 2014) [text]
Pop-up Schools Move with Refugees, so They Can Keep Learning (Fast Company, Nov. 2013) [text]
Teaching about Refugees: The Refugee Experience in Amman, Jordan - A Participatory Video Project (ISIM, Dec. 2013) [text via Internet Archive]
- Teaching materials related to this project are available here.
Journal on Education in Emergencies (INEE) [info]
- A call for papers will be issued in Spring 2014.
Supporting Refugees Access to Higher Education (European Resettlement Network) [access]
- "Refugees can face many barriers to accessing higher education, including a lack of information, advice and individual guidance sensitive to their specific needs, inadequate provision of intensive language courses for academic purposes, and restricted access to government student finance schemes."
Teaching Refugees with Limited Formal Schooling (Calgary Board of Education) [access]
- "[P]rovides access to information – publications, educational materials, exemplars from the field – that promote effective programming for...English Language Learners who face additional challenges as a result of the circumstances of their migration and their lack of opportunity for prior schooling."
- Thematic Focus: Children, Education (16 Jan. 2014)
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.