Event & opportunity:
Submissions to UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention [info via IDC]
- Input sought for draft Guiding Principles on the Right of Anyone Deprived of His or Her Liberty to Challenge the Legality of the Detention in Court; deadline is 20 January 2014.
Legal Specialist (Detention and Alternatives to Detention), UNHCR [info via IDC]
- Specialist sought for Roll-out of UNHCR’s Global Detention Strategy; apply by 24 January 2014.
Asylum Seekers and Mass Immigration Detention in the United States (SSRN, Sept. 2013) [abstract]
Detention in the EU: Can the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the EU Provide Additional Safeguards? (EDAL, Jan. 2014) [text]
Key Academic Research on Detention and Asylum (Refugee Research Network, Autumn 2013) [text]
Report of APRRN/IDC Capacity Building Workshop on Alternatives to Detention, Jakarta, 29-30 August 2013 [text]
Detention & Asylum Research Cluster (Refugee Research Network) [access]
- "The cluster brings together scholars, practitioners, and policymakers interested in the practice of detention as it relates to asylum seekers and refugees. Our primary aims are to consolidate and broadcast studies of detention and their findings; and to deepen our understanding of detention and asylum both academically and in practice worldwide."
Point of No Return: The Futile Detention of Unreturnable Migrants (Flemish Refugee Action, Detention
Action, France terre d’asile, Menedék – Hungarian Association for
Migrants & ECRE) [access]
- Project web site; read the final report and follow #unreturnable for Week of Action advocacy campaign.
- Thematic Focus: Detention (16 Dec. 2013)
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.