Behind the Numbers (IOM, Dec. 2013) [text]
- Highlights the difficulty of calculating migrant deaths.
Counting Internal Displacement in Africa (Thomson Reuters Foundation, Jan. 2014) [text]
- Points to challenge of compiling accurate statistics on IDPs in Africa.
From the Archives: Troublesome Refugee Statistics & and the Case of Sudanese in Egypt (RSDWatch, Jan. 2014) [text]
- Inspired by Jeff Crisp's recent reference to his 1999 working paper on ""Who Has Counted the Refugees? UNHCR and the Politics of Numbers," Michael Kagan revisits one of his older notes on how many Sudanese live in Egypt.
People Affected by Conflict 2013: Humanitarian Needs in Numbers (CRED, Dec. 2013) [text via ReliefWeb]
- Represents "the first systematic attempt to produce objective and comparable figures for all people affected by conflict (PAC)."
"Tools for the Validation and Utilization of EU Statistics on Human Trafficking (TRAFSTAT)," INTERVICT Newsletter (Fall 2013) [text]
- This project aims to improve the recording of EU statistics and strengthen their comparability.
UCDP/PRIO Armed Conflict Dataset, v.4-2013, 1946–2012 [access]
- "A conflict-year dataset with information on armed conflict where at least one party is the government of a state in the time period 1946-2012. The most recent is version 4-2013."
Note: For other related statistical references on this blog, browse posts with the subject label "statistical data."