Events & opportunities:
Global Forum on Statelessness, The Hague, 15-17 September 2014 [info]
- Registration is now open!
Statelessness Programme Summer Course, Tilburg, Neth., 4-8 August 2014 [info]
- This course will "consider statelessness and the right to nationality from various angles. It will deal with legal and policy issues associated with statelessness. The status of stateless persons, their human rights and international protection will be addressed, as well as ways to research and document statelessness." The application deadline is 1 April 2014.
Short Course: Statelessness and International Law, Oxford, 17-18 May 2014 [info]
- No deadline indicated, but only 30 spaces are available!
Ad-Hoc Query on Experiences in Implementing the UN Conventions on Statelessness (European Migration Network, Dec. 2013) [text]
"Challenges of Recognition, Participation, and Representation for the Legally Liminal: A Comment," Chapter 18 in Migration, Gender and Social Justice: Perspectives on Human Insecurity (Springer, 2014) [open access]
- See esp. section 18.7 for discussion of "Migrants' de Facto and Formal Statelessness."
Citizenship as Political Tool: The Recent Turmoil in the MENA and the Creation and Resolution of Statelessness (SSRN, Jan. 2014) [text]
Every Child's Birth Right: Inequities and Trends in Birth Registration (UNICEF, Dec. 2013) [text via Refworld]
"Gambia Ratifies Conventions on Stateless Persons," The Daily Observer, 12 Dec. 2013 [text via AllAfrica.com]
Lacking a Nationality, Some Refugees from Syria Face Acute Risks (UNHCR, Dec. 2013) [text]
"Special Issue on Statelessness," Tilburg Law Review, vol. 19, nos. 1-2 (2014) [contents]
- Includes 30 articles.
"Statelessness and Mass Expulsion in Sudan: A
Reassessment of the International Law," Northwestern Journal of International Human Rights, vol. 12, no. 1 (Winter 2014) [open access]
Statelessness as a Rising Topic in EU External Relations: Report on the Expert Meeting on Statelessness within the Eastern Partnership Panel on Migration and Asylum (ENS Blog, Jan. 2014) [text]
Time to Put Statelessness on the EU Agenda! (ENS Blog, Dec. 2013) [text]
What Connects Tom Hanks, Osama Bin Laden and Albert Einstein? (Statelessness Programme Blog, Jan. 2014) [text]
- Thematic Focus: Statelessness (10 Dec. 2013)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.