65th session of the Executive Committee of the High Commissioner's Programme (EXCOM) will run from 29 September to 3 October 2014 in Geneva. This year's meeting will include a High-level Segment on Enhancing International Cooperation, Solidarity, Local Capacities and Humanitarian Action for Refugees in Africa. (*Here's a background paper for more info on the HLS.)
Here is the provisional agenda and the estimated schedule.
Side events taking place during this year's session include:
- 50 years of exile: concluding the
chapter for Angolan refugees
- Cartegena+30: new protection and solutions responses in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Implementation of the Solutions Strategy
for Afghan Refugees:
glass half full?
- Registration of Syrian refugees: where
the response starts
- Mobilizing private sector for refugees – UNHCR’s new PSFR Strategy
- The Nansen Initiative reports
back – human mobility and disasters in
- Unaccompanied children in
Europe: what is in their best interests?
- The Solutions Alliance: partnering on
solutions to displacement
- Refugees and markets – UNHCR's
Global Livelihoods Strategy
- NGO side event: Fresh thinking on
alternatives to camps
In addition, the Nansen Refugee Award ceremony will be held the evening of the first day, with the honors going to the Colombian women's group, "Butterflies with New Wings Building a Future."
Plenary session documents can be accessed here.
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.