Event & opportunity:
5th Asia Pacific Consultation on Refugee Rights, Bangkok, 2-4 September 2014 [info]
- This event is currently taking place and can be following via #APCRR5. Background conference materials are also available on the APRRN site, including their "Vision for Regional Protection."
Short Course on Gender and Forced Migration, Bangkok, 6-9 December 2014 [info]
- Apply by 23 September 2014.
APRRN Newsletter (Aug. 2014) [full-text]
- County Update issue, providing an “overview on the latest developments from January to July 2014 related to refugee rights protection in the Asia Pacific region.”
"Japan: 'I wish I had never come here' Mourning Heard from Refugee Applicants in Japan," Rights in Exile Newsletter, no. 51 (Sept. 2014) [text]
Joint Assessment Mission Report: Assistance to the Refugees from Bhutan in Nepal, June 24-July 11 2014 (UNHCR & WFP, July 2014) [text via ReliefWeb]
"Refugee Protection in China: Recent Legal and Policy Developments," Rights in Exile Newsletter, no. 51 (Sept. 2014) [text]
South-east Asia: Irregular Maritime Movements, January-June 2014 (UNHCR, Aug. 2014) [text]
- See also related news story.
The Tide is Turning for Burmese in Thailand, but Which Way? (RI Blog, Aug. 2014) [text]
Two Years with No Moon: Immigration Detention of Children in Thailand (Human Rights Watch, Sept. 2014) [text]
- Regional Focus: Australia & New Zealand (26 Aug. 2014)
- Regional Focus: Asia (14 Aug. 2014)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.