- Board of Immigration Appeals Recognizes Domestic Violence as a Basis for Asylum (CGRS, Aug. 2014) [text]
- HIRC Plays Key Role in Landmark Decision Recognizing Domestic Violence as Grounds for Asylum (Clinical and Pro Bono Programs, Aug. 2014) [text]
- "In First for Court, Woman Is Ruled Eligible for Asylum in U.S. on Basis of Domestic Abuse," New York Times, 29 Aug. 2014 [text]
- One Giant Leap for a Woman; One Small Step for Womankind (The Asylumist, Aug. 2014) [text]
- Q&A with Karen Musalo, Director of the Center for Gender and Refugee Studies (CGRS, Aug. 2014) [text]
15th Conference of the International Association for the Study of Forced Migration, Bogotá, 15-18 July 2014 [conf. report]
- The theme was "Forced Migration and Peace: 30 Years of the Cartagena Declaration on Refugees."
text via ReliefWeb]
- Note: This report was released to mark the work of the winners of the 2014 Nansen Refugee Award, or "Butterflies with New Wings Building a Future, a group of courageous women that work tirelessly to help displaced survivors of sexual abuse reclaim their lives in Buenaventura, one of the most violent cities in Colombia."
Building Peace in the Midst of Violence: Improving Security and Finding Durable Solutions to Displacement in Colombia (Brookings-LSE Project on Internal Displacement, Sept. 2014) [text]
Ecuador Advances the Protection of Refugees (Asylum Access, Sept. 2014) [text]
"Immigration," Student Discovery Set (U.S. Library of Congress, Sept. 2014) [access]
- New ebook on the "immigrant experience in America in the 19th and 20th centuries."
Quick Look: Asylum Law (LegalED, Aug. 2014) [access]
- Follow link for video.
Sixteen Years and 20 Minutes to "Other Serious Harm" Asylum (The Asylumist, Sept. 2014) [text]
- Blog post that discusses "humanitarian asylum" in the U.S.
- Regional Focus: Americas (8 Sept. 2014)