- "As Many as 700 Migrants Feared Drowned in Mediterranean," Reuters, 15 Sept. 2014 [text]
- Eritrean Exodus: The Drivers and Trends of Current Migration Spike (RMMS, Sept. 2014) [text]
- "Europe's Deadly Borders: An Inside Look at EU's Shameful Immigration Policy," Spiegel Online, 11 Sept. 2014 [text]
- IOM Investigates Reports of Deliberate Drowning of 500 Migrants in Mediterranean (IOM, Sept. 2014) [text]
- "Mapping Mediterranean Migration," BBC News, 15 Sept. 2014 [text]
- Mediterranean Migrant Boat Shipwrecks Highlight Need for EU Action (Amnesty International, Sept. 2014) [text]
Events & opportunities:
CFP: "The Role of EU Institutions in Migration and Asylum Policies: Liberal Constraint?", Panel at 22nd International Conference of Europeanists, Paris, 8-10 July 2015 [info]
- Abstracts are due by 26 September 2014.
Annual Conference on EU Asylum Law 2014, Trier, Germany, 29-30 October 2014 [info]
- Register before 29 September 2014 for early bird rates.
ECRE Annual General Conference and UNHCR NGO Consultations, Brussels, 15-17 October [info]
- Registration deadline is 3 October 2014.
'Secure the Borders!' The Cost and Consequences of Europe's 'Fight Against Irregular Migration', London, 14 October 2014 [info]
- A podcast of this event will be available after the fact.
AIDA Report on Cyprus (AIDA, Aug. 2014) [text]
Asylum Seekers’Access to Territory and Asylum Procedure in the Republic of Hungary 2013 (Hungarian Helsinki Committee, 2014?) [text]
Current Issues of Refugee Protection (UNHCR Greece, June 2014) [text via Oppenheimer Chair]
Humanitarian Visas: Option or Obligation? (European Parliament, Sept. 2014) [text]
- See also related ECRE Weekly Bulletin article.
- Regional Focus: Europe (11 Sept. 2014)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.