Employment: Associate Archivist, UNHCR [info]
- Apply by 23 November 2015.
Training: Country of Origin Information Blended Learning Course [info]
- Includes online training from 8 Feb.-4 March 2016 and face-to-fact meeting in Vienna on 10 March 2016. Apply by 8 December 2015.
Area of Origin – Communication Channels and Social Media Report: Syria (REACH, Sept. 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
"Coding a Way Out of the Refugee Crisis," The Atlantic, 30 Oct. 2015 [text]
Communication Access for Refugees: How Smartphones and Apps Have Helped and Why Wireless Internet Access Should Be in Humanitarian Aid
Toolkits, Budapest, 22 Oct. 2015 [info]
- Follow link for summary and video of talk.
Democratic Access or Privileged Exclusion? A Workshop on the Preservation of and Access to Refugee Archives, London, 13 July 2015 [info]
- Follow link for report.
Humanitarian News: Changes, Challenges and Prospects, London, 21 Oct. 2015 [info]
- View roundup of discussion on Storify.
Humanitarian Technology: Revisiting the ‘Do No Harm’ Debate (ODIHPN Blog, Sept. 2015?) [text]
Responding! Public Libraries and Refugees (IFLA, Oct. 2015) [text]
Ten Lessons on Communicating with Communities in Complex Emergencies (ODIHPN Blog, Oct. 2015?) [text]
"Under the Gaze of the State: ICT Use and State Surveillance of Eritrean Refugees in Italy," Refugee Survey Quarterly, Advance Access, 30 Oct. 2015 [abstract]
- See also related master's thesis.
Using Social Media to Campaign for Stateless Children (ENS Blog, Sept. 2015) [text]
- Thematic Focus: ICTs, Innovation & Information-related Items (6 Oct. 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.