67th session of the Executive Committee of the High Commissioner's Programme (EXCOM) opened today and will run through 7 October 2016. Here is the preliminary schedule as well as the High Commissioner's opening remarks (see also related press release).
This year's meeting includes the following side events:
- The New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants
- Together, protecting the human rights of IDPs
- The forced displacement crisis – how development can make a difference
- Operationalizing a comprehensive protection response in the Americas
- Inclusion of persons with disabilities in the context of displacement
- A regional approach to the Somalia situation
- Beyond the Nansen Initiative Protection Agenda
- Connecting global efforts to promote responsibility sharing at field level
- High-level briefing by Afghanistan’s Chief Executive, Dr. Abdullah Abdullah
- 1956-2016 – European solidarity and responsibility sharing
Finally, the Nansen Refugee Award ceremony will be held the evening of the first day, with the honors going jointly to Hellenic Rescue Team and Efi Latsoudi for their efforts to assist refugees arriving in Greece in 2015.
Plenary session documents can be accessed here.
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.