News: Former High Commissioner for Refugees Slated to be Next UN Secretary-General:
- António Guterres: Good for the U.N., Good for the World, but Gender Issues Remain (Order from Chaos Blog, Oct. 2016) [text]
- Four Priorities for the New UN Secretary-General (ODI, Oct. 2016) [text]
- Right Job, Right Time for António Guterres (Inside Story, Oct. 2016) [text]
- What the Appointment of António Guterres as UN Secretary-general Means for the Refugee Crisis (The Conversation, Oct. 2016) [text]
Seminar: Migrants in Countries in Crisis: Emerging Findings from Research on Six Crisis Situations, Cairo, 24 October 2016 [info]
Becoming Urban Humanitarians: Engaging Local Government to Protect Displaced People (Urban Institute, Aug. 2016) [text]
- See also related project overview.
"Borders and Walls: Do Barriers Deter Unauthorized Migration?," Migration Information Source, 5 Oct. 2016 [text]
Leaving No One Behind: Internal Displacement and the New Urban Agenda (IDMC, Oct. 2016) [text]
Mass Refugee Influxes, Refoulement and the Prohibition against Torture (REDRESS, Sept. 2016) [text via Refworld]
Overview of Research Literature about Refugees' Engagement, Coping and Resilience, CCS Policy Paper, no. 4 (Zentrum für Konfliktforschung, 2016) [text]
Poverty & Death: Disaster Mortality 1996-2015 (CRED & UNISDR, 2016) [text via PreventionWeb]
- Thematic Focus: General (6 Oct. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.