The "Refugee Crisis": Challenges and Implications for International and EU Law, London, 8 November 2016 [info]
"A Minor Miracle: The New Global Compact on Refugees," Inaugural address for the Grand Challenge on Refugees and Migrants at UNSW Australia, Sydney, 18 November 2016 [info]
12 Years an Asylum Seeker: Failure of States to Deal with Asylum Applications May Breach Applicants’ Right to Respect for Their Private Life (EJIL Talk Blog, Oct. 2016) [text]
32nd International Conference of the Red Cross and Red Crescent, Geneva, 8-10 December 2015 [info]
- Follow link for resolutions, bulletins and reports.
"Constructive or Counterproductive? Benefits and Challenges of Integrating Mental Health Professionals into Asylum Representation," Georgetown Immigration Law Journal, vol. 30, no. 1 (Fall 2015) [full-text via SSRN]
Fiduciaries of Humanity: How International Law Constitutes Authority (Oxford University Press, Sept. 2016) [info]
- The authors have made available the front matter/table of contents, chapter 1 and chapter 7 available via SSRN. Note that chapter 7 "discusses the fiduciary theory’s implications for the protection of refugees under international law."
Oxford Guidance on the Law Relating to Humanitarian Relief Operation in Situations of Armed Conflict (OCHA, Oct. 2016) [access]
- "Commissioned by OCHA, the Oxford Guidance was elaborated by the Oxford Institute for Ethics, Law and Armed Conflict and the Oxford Martin Programme on Human Rights for Future Generations, following a series of meetings with eminent experts in international law." See also related EJIL Talk blog post.
"The Right not to be Arbitrarily Displaced under the United Nations Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement," African Human Rights Law Journal, vol. 16, no. 1 (2016) [open access]
Taming the Seas: Safety, Protection, and Attempts to Create Order in Maritime Migration Corridors, Washington, DC. 27 Oct. 2016 [info]
- Follow link for audio and video of this book launch discussion.
- Thematic Focus: Law/Policy Items (13 Oct. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.