Blended Learning Course: Researching Country of Origin Information (COI) [info]
- Includes online training from 6 Feb.-3 March 2017 and face-to-fact meeting in Vienna on 9 March 2017. Apply by 9 December 2016.
Comparison of SMS Platforms (Social Media for Good Blog, Oct. 2016) [text]
*Digital Humanitarianism: How Tech Entrepreneurs are Supporting Refugee Integration (Migration Policy Institute, Oct. 2016) [text]
- See also related op-ed at Refugees Deeply.
The Emergence of Solidarity with Syrian Refugees over Time on Twitter, Paper presented at British Psychological Society Social Section Annual Conference, Cardiff, 31 Aug.-2 Sept. 2016 [abstract]
- Use "contact author" link to request copy of document.
Humanitarian Assistance in the Information Economy: The Role of Information Management (IRIS, Oct. 2016) [text]
One of the Things That 65 Million Refugees Want Most: The Internet (Fast CoExist, Sept. 2016) [text]
Refuge in Technology (IMI Blog, Sept. 2016) [text]
"Trust, but Verify: Social Media Models for Disaster Management," Disasters, Early View, 22 Sept. 2016 [preprint via ResearchGate]
"Universities and Computer Science in the European Crisis of Refugees," Communications of the ACM, vol. 59, no. 10 (2016) [text]
ReliefWeb Mobile Apps [info]
- Four apps are now available: crises, headlines, jobs & videos.
- Thematic Focus: ICTs & Information Services (21 Sept. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.