Events & opportunities:
3rd Tripartite Roundtable ECtHR, CJEU and IARLJ-Europe, Strasbourg 25 November 2016 [info]
- Register by 31 October 2016.
Advanced ELENA Course: The Rights of Refugees, Berlin, 2-3 December 2016 [info]
- Register by 7 November 2016.
"Asylum Crisis Italian Style: The Dublin Regulation Collides with European Human Rights Law," Harvard Human Rights Journal, vol. 29 (2016) [full-text via ImmigrationProf Blog]
Cities of Welcome, Cities of Transit (openDemocracy, Sept. 2016) [access]
- Themed week-long blog series.
ECRE Comments on Commission Proposals for Reform of the Common European Asylum System (ECRE, Oct. 2016) [access]
- Follow link to access four sets of comments.
*EU–Afghanistan Deportation–Aid Deal: Classic Strategy or Classic Mistake? (IMI Blog, Oct. 2016) [text]
The EU and Migration [What Think Tanks are Thinking] (EPRS, Oct. 2016) [text]
Hungarians Share Europe’s Embrace of Democratic Principles but are Less Tolerant of Refugees, Minorities (Pew Research Center, Sept. 2016) [text]
The Length of Asylum Procedures in Europe (AIDA, Oct. 2016) [text]
The Mediterranean Dimension of the Refugee Crisis: Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities for Cooperation, New York, 16 Sept. 2016 [info]
- Follow link for audio.
Procedural Rights in the Proposed Dublin IV Regulation": Comments of the International Commission of Jurists on Specific Procedural Measures in the Recast of the Dublin Regulation (ICJ, Sept. 2016) [text via Refworld]
Relocation Farce Brings Shame on Europe (Human Rights Watch, Oct. 2016) [text]
Serbia’s Role in Dealing with the Migration Crisis (EPRS, Oct. 2016) [text]
To What Extent does the UK Asylum Support System Contribute to Destitution? (e-International Relations, Sept. 2016) [text]
Refugees.dk: Information about Refugees in Denmark [access]
- "Here you will find all the relevant facts and information on refugees in Denmark in one place, and in an easily accessible form. You can also learn more about what the experts have to say on various aspects of the topic. The site is meant for everyone with an interest in refugees – volunteers, journalists, professionals, students, politicians – not to mention refugees themselves. The starting point is respect for the Refugee Convention and refugee rights." Provided in Danish and English.
- Regional Focus: Europe (29 Sept. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.