Events & opportunities:
Seminar series: Perspectives on the Syrian Conflict, Oxford [info]
- The next two seminars are "The ethics of protection in Syria" (1 February 2017) and "The struggle for Syria" (8 February 2017).
*Funding opportunity: NGO Programs Benefiting Refugees and Other Vulnerable Populations in Egypt [info]
- Proposal submission deadline 9 March 2017.
Cash Transfers for Refugees: The Economic and Social Effects of a Programme in Jordan (ODI, Jan. 2017) [access]
- Follow link for research report, briefing paper and working paper.
Desperate Determination: A Record Number of Migrants Arrive in Yemen in 2016 (Regional MMS, Dec. 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
Refugees Adrift? Responses to Crises in the MENA and Asia (Dec. 2016 & Jan. 2017) [access]
- Blog series hosted by the Middle East Institute; recent contributions include: 1) Access to Legal Residency for Refugees in the Middle East: Bureaucracy, Deterrence, and Prolonged Impermanence; 2) Burden or Boon? Turkey’s Tactical Treatment of the Syrian Refugee Crisis; 3) The Displaced as Actors in Syrian Politics; and 4) From Conflict-insensitive to Conflict-driven Aid: Responding to the Syrian Refugee Crisis in Lebanon
Sending Migrants Back to Libya? Possibly Counterproductive (Clingendael, Jan. 2017) [text]
Syrian Voices on the Syrian Conflict: The Plight of Palestinian Refugees in Syria in the Camps South of Damascus (NOREF, Jan. 2017) [text via Reliefweb]
Tunisia Survey Snapshot (Mixed Migration Hub) [Nov. 2016] [Dec. 2016]
UN Seeks $4.63 billion to Aid Syrian Refugees and Host Nations (UNHCR, Jan. 2017) [text]
"Well-being and Associated Factors among Adults in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (oPt)," Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 14:122 (Aug. 2016) [open access]
- Regional Focus: Syria (23 Jan. 2017)
- Regional Focus: MENA, incl. Syria (5 Jan. 2017)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.