Job opportunity: Research Associate, Migration, Displacement and Belonging Research Group, Coventry, UK [info]
- Apply by 1 March 2016.
Roundtable: Refugee Resettlement from the US/Canadian Context, Toronto, 1 March 2016 [info]
*Request for participation: #RefugeeEconomics Twitter event, 1-7 March 2016 [info]
- Unfortunately, this seminar has been cancelled!
Seminar series: Refuge in a Moving World Seminar Series: Interdisciplinary Conversations, London, 4, 11 & 18 March 2016 [info]
- Three seminars are scheduled this month: 1) 4 March: Religion and Forced Migration in Historical and Contemporary Perspective; 2) 11 March: Exile, Toleration and Protection in Early Modern History; 3) 18 March: Children, Youth and Forced Migration.
Seminar: Wasted Lives: Borders and the Right to Life of People Crossing Them, Oxford, 9 March 2016 [info]
Event: An Evening Conversation on Women Asylum Seekers in the Context of the Current Crisis, London, 10 March 2016 [info]
*Seminar: Ebbing and Flowing: The EU's Shifting Practices of (non-)Assistance and Bordering on Land and Sea, Cairo, 14 March 2016 [info]
- Note the date change.
Event: Five Years on, What Next for Syria?, London, 15 March 2016 [info]
- Will also be livestreamed.
*CFP: Moving Beyond Borders: Comparative Perspectives on Refuge, London, 3 June 2016 [info]
- Abstract submission deadline extended to 15 March 2016.
*Job opening: Professor, Sociology/Migration and Refugee Studies, American University in Cairo [info]
- Applications received by 15 March 2016 will be given priority, but review of applications will continue until position is filled.
CFP: Oxford Monitor of Forced Migration [info]
- Submission deadline extended to 15 March 2016.
Funding opportunity: NGO Programs Benefiting Refugees and Other Vulnerable Populations in Egypt [info]
- Proposal submission deadline is 18 March 2016.
*Job opening: Legal Officer, Medico-Legal Services, Helen Bamber Foundation [info]
- Apply by 18 March 2016.
Call for comments: UNHCR Guidelines on International Protection [info]
- Feedback is sought for UNHCR's draft Guidelines on International Protection on claims to refugee status related to situations of armed violence and conflict. Comments must be submitted by 21 March 2016.
Funding opportunity: NGO Programs Benefiting Refugees and Other Vulnerable Populations in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Central Asia [info]
- Proposal submission deadline is 31 March 2016.
- Opportunities: More Summer Courses
- Events & Opportunities: Additional Feb. & March 2016
Tagged Events & Opportunities.