Bali Declaration on People Smuggling, Trafficking in Persons, and Related Transnational Crime, Bali, 23 March 2016 [text via ReliefWeb]
- See also the Co-Chairs' statement, and UNHCR' conference statement and press release.
Regional retreat: Challenges and Opportunities for Refugee Status Determination (RSD) Procedures, Bangkok, 25 April 2016 [listing]
- No details are available as of yet.
Conference: 6th Annual Asia Pacific Consultation on Refugee Rights, Bangkok, 20-22 September 2016 [info]
- Apply to participate by 7 May 2016.
Conference: The Role of the Judiciary in Asylum and Other International Protection Law in Asia, Seoul, 9-11 June 2016 [info] [draft prog.]
- Register online here; no deadline indicated.
text via ReliefWeb]
The Bali Process Can Do a Lot More to Respond to Forced Migration in Our Region (The Conversation, March 2016) [text]
- Note: This was published prior to the meeting.
Being a Refugee in Indonesia, Sydney, 21 March 2016 [info]
- Follow link for video, presentation slides, and access to podcast.
The Boats May Have ‘Stopped’, but More Refugees Are Stuck in Limbo in Indonesia (The Conversation, March 2016) [text]
Did the Humanitarian Response to the Nepal Earthquake Ensure No One Was Left Behind? A Case Study on the Experience of Marginalised Groups in Humanitarian Action (Save the Children, March 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
"For Refugees, Returning to Afghanistan is Easier Said than Done," The Diplomat, 30 March 2016 [text]
"Karen Refugees Describe Peace within the Context of Displacement," Conflict Resolution Quarterly, vol. 33, no. 3 (Spring 2016) [free full-text]
Myanmar Refugees: 'No Repatriation without Peace' (Refugees Deeply, March 2016) [text]
Our Voices: Summary Report - 2016 Refugee Resettlement Quota Review (Amnesty International, March 2016) [text]
- Report on public interest in increasing New Zealand's refugee resettlement quota.
- Regional Focus: Asia Pacific (18 March 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.