Burden Sharing as an Effective Mechanism of Managing the Refugee Dilemma (SSRN, March 2016) [text]
"The Evolving Refugee Definition: How Shifting Elements of Eligibility Affect the Nature and Focus of Expert Testimony in Asylum Proceedings," Chapter 3 in African Asylum at a Crossroads: Activism, Expert Testimony, and Refugee Rights (Ohio Univ. Press, May 2015) [full-text via SSRN]
The Future of Refugee Protection: What New Approaches to Meet a Growing Crisis? (openGlobalRights, Feb.-March 2016) [access]
- Follow link to view the growing number of contributions to an online debate launched at the end of Feb. 2016.
High Commissioner's Dialogue on Protection Challenges, Geneva, 16-17 Dec. 2015 [info]
- Newly available on the right side of the Dialogue's web page are the following three co-chair summaries: Thematic session 1:
Understanding the causes of conflict-related displacement,
the potential of humanitarian action and the drivers of onward movement; Thematic session 2:
Addressing ‘new’ root causes: urbanization, food insecurity,
water scarcity, natural hazards and climate change; and Thematic session 3:
Unlocking protracted situations and finding solutions.
International Law Buckles under Weight of Refugee Crisis (IPI Global Observatory, March 2016) [text]
The Law of Walls, Stanford Public Law Working Paper, no. 2734315 (Stanford Law School, Feb. 2016) [text via SSRN]
Researching the Legal Aspects of Asylum Seekers and Refugees in Australia, Canada, United Kingdom and the European Union (GlobaLex, updated Feb. 2016) [text]
"Vulnerability and the Principle of Non-refoulement in the European Court of Human Rights: Towards an Increased Scope of Protection for Persons Fleeing from Extreme Poverty?," Contemporary Readings in Law and Social Justice, vol. 8, no. 2 (2016) [full-text via SSRN]
Wasted Lives: Borders and the Right to Life of People Crossing Them, Oxford, 10 March 2016 [info]
- Follow link for podcast.
A Well-Founded Fear: Human Rights Obligations and the Refugee Crisis, New York, 3 Feb. 2016 [info]
- Video of the program is available on YouTube.
What is a Safe Third Country? (Norwegian Refugee Council, March 2016) [text]
IDP Laws and Policies: A Mapping Tool (IDMC) [access]
- A"new law and policy database [that reveals] how countries around the world are framing their response to situations of internal displacement through national legislation and policies."
- Thematic Focus: Legal/Protection-related Items (29 Feb. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.