The Brookings-LSE Project on Internal Displacement has concluded its activities after 20 years of operation. Fortunately, the Project's extensive research output and other resources can still be accessed via its web site. (I have referenced a number of these over the years on this blog and in my IDP guide.) They will be missed!
2015 Global Strategy Implementation Report: Public Health, Settlement and Shelter, Livelihoods, Safe Access to Fuels and Energy (UNHCR, March 2016) [text]
Assessing State Fragility with a Focus on Climate Change and Refugees: 2016 Country Indicators for Foreign Policy Report (Carleton Univ., March 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
Fresh Eyes on the Refugee Crisis: An Interdisciplinary Approach (Global Young Academy, 2016) [text]
Human Rights Council Holds Panel Discussion on Technical Cooperation to Promote and Protect the Rights of all Migrants (OHCHR, March 2016) [text]
- See also related IOM press release.
'Refugees' and 'Migrants': Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (UNHCR, March 2016) [text]
Rethinking Border Control for a Globalizing World (Routledge, Feb. 2015) [info]
- Eprints of the introductory chapter and the concluding chapter are available via SSRN.
"Secluding North America's Migration Outcasts: Notes on the International Organization for Migration's Compassionate Mercenary Business," Chapter 13 in Externalizing Migration Management: Europe, North America and the Spread of 'Remote Control' Practices (Routledge, Feb. 2016) [eprint via SSRN]
Situation of Migrants in Transit: Report of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, UN Doc. No. A/HRC/31/35 (General Assembly, Jan. 2016) [text via Refworld]
United Nations Secretary-General: Did You Know? (UN Pulse Blog, March 2016) [text]
- "Did you know a new Secretary-General will be appointed in 2016?" Candidates are listed here.
Refugees Deeply [access]
- Launched on 15 March 2016, this media platform is "designed to help you understand the complex web of geopolitical, human rights, environmental, legal and other factors combining to make the refugee issue one of the most challenging of our lifetimes." An intro. to this new resource is available here.
- Thematic Focus: General (10 March 2016)
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.