Call for Photos and Artwork: Nowhere to Run: Climate Refugees [info]
- Follow link and scroll to the Jan. 3rd entry; no deadline.
CFP: Climate Refugees: Beyond the Legal Impasse, Norwich, UK, 4 July 2016 [info]
- Submit abstracts by 15 April 2016.
CFP: University of New South Wales Law Journal [info]
- Submissions are sought for forthcoming issue with thematic component, "Rethinking Climate Change and the Law." One example of an issue to explore is the "impact of climate change on established legal fields, such as refugee law, constitutional law or planning law." Deadline is 1 June 2016.
Executive Committee of the Warsaw International Mechanism for Loss and Damage, Bonn, Germany, 2-5 February 2016 (Advisory Group on Climate Change and Human Mobility, 2016) [text via UNHCR]
Food Security and Displacement in a Warming World (RI Blog, March 2016) [text]
How Can Migration Support Adaptation? Different Options to Test the Migration–adaptation Nexus, Migration, Environment and Climate Change Working Paper Series, no. 1 (IOM, 2016) [text]
International Law and Sea-Level Rise: Forced Migration and Human Rights (Kaldor Centre, Jan. 2016) [text]
- Podcast of related panel discussion is available via iTunes.
Linking Climate Change with Migration, London, 7 March 2016 [info]
- Video of panel presentations is available here.
Promoting Human Security and Minimizing Conflict Associated with Forced Migration in the Pacific region (UNU-GCM, Sept. 2015) [text]
QUT Law Review, vol. 15, no. 2 (2015) [open access]
- Includes special forum on "Climate Displacement in the Pacific," with the following three articles: 1) Sailing the Waves on Our Own: Climate Change Migration, Self-Determination and the Carteret Islands; 2) Neighbourliness and Australia's Contribution to Regional Migration Strategies for Climate Displacement in the Pacific; and 3) Teitiota v The Chief Executive of Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment: A Person Displaced.
- Thematic Focus: Climate Change (28 Jan. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.