International Women's Day, 8 March 2016 [info] [info]
- The theme for 2016 is "Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality." Several resources issued in honor of the day are included below.
Commission on the Status of Women, New York, 14-24 March 2016 [info]
- Several side events focusing on displaced women have been scheduled.
Displaced Women at Risk of Homelessness – How to Support Displaced Women’s Rights (IDMC Blog, March 2016) [text]
"Empowering Women Refugees" Photo Gallery (UNHCR, March 2016) [access]
Facilitating the Disclosure of Gender-related Persecutions in European Asylum Procedures (UNU-GCM, Feb. 2016) [text]
Female Refugees and Asylum Seekers: The Issue of Integration (European Parliament, 2016) [text]
Gender Aspects of Migration and Asylum in the EU: An Overview (EPRS, March 2016) [text]
Gender-based Violence Prevention and Response: Key Risks Facing Urban Refugees in Kampala (Women's Refugee Commission & Refugee Law Project, Dec. 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
Human Rights of Refugee and Migrant Women and Girls Need to be Better Protected (Human Rights Comment, March 2016) [text]
International Women's Day: Women Refugees and Asylum Seekers in the EU, Brussels, 3 March 2016 [info]
- Click on the + for details; organized by the EP's Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality, which also issued this report.
It’s Time to Hear the Stories of Women and Girls When Shaping Asylum and Integration Policies! (Caritas Blog, March 2016) [text]
Mean Streets: Identifying and Responding to Urban Refugees’ Risks of Gender-based Violence (Women's Refugee Commission, Feb. 2016) [access]
- Follow link for full report, executive summary and thematic reports on individual vulnerable groups: women, adolescent girls, LGBTI individuals, persons with disabilities, sex workers and male survivors of sexual violence.
The Protection of Female Refugees against SGBV in Camps (UNU-GCM, Aug. 2015) [text]
"We never have someone talking to us about these things!": Psychosocial Challenges among Refugee Women and Girls in Nakivale Refugee Settlement (Refugee Law Project, Dec. 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
New research project:
How Do U.S. Immigration Courts Decide Gender-based Asylum Cases? (UC Hastings & CUNY) [info]
- The NSF award abstracts are available here and here.
- Thematic Focus: Women (18 Feb. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.