Humanitarian Response in Crisis, London, 12 April 2016 [info]
- Note from the organizers: "This event is invite-only, please register your interest above and we will get back to you if we can offer you a place." Will also be livestreamed.
Innovating Humanitarian Action: More Than Just Luck, London, 21 April 2016 [info]
- Will also be livestreamed.
Futureproofing Humanitarianism for Permanent Emergencies: Unpacking the Promise of Cooperation (NCHS Blog, March 2016) [text]
*NGOs and Risk: How International Humanitarian Actors Manage Uncertainty (Humanitarian Outcomes, Feb. 2016) [text]
- See also related handbook.
The Revival of the "Cash versus Food" Debate: New Evidence for an Old Quandary?, Policy Research Working Paper, no. 7584 (World Bank, Feb. 2016) [text]
What is Protection Anyway? (Oxfam Policy & Practice Blog, March 2016) [text]
- Provides links to a set of protection-related materials developed by Oxfam for the Global Protection Cluster.
"Work–Life Balance among Humanitarian Aid Workers," Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, OnlineFirst 14 March 2016 [full-text via HHI]
Working with Cash Based Safety Nets in Humanitarian Contexts: Guidance Note for Humanitarian Practitioners (Cash Learning Partnership, Feb. 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
World Humanitarian Summit [access]
- Follow link for information on High-Level Leaders’ Roundtables and Special Sessions, now available under "Main Programme."
Building a Better Response: Field Perspectives (Harvard Humanitarian Initiative) [access]
- "[A] video interview series highlighting the views of various humanitarian practitioners on the current and future state of humanitarian system."
- Thematic Focus: Humanitarian Assistance (28 Feb. 2016)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.