|Source: UN Geneva|
- Meeting documents are posted on the UNHCR web site (includes opening statement by the UN Secretary General, opening and closing remarks by the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, and remarks by the participants of the "Looking Ahead" panel discussion)
- NGO statements are on ICVA's web site
- Videos of the event are provided by UN Web TV:
1. 9:00-10:50 (opening of the meeting, opening statements, remarks by the neighbouring countries hosting Syrian refugees)
2. 10:50-11:50 (panel showcasing good practices for the admission of Syrian refugees)
3. 11:50-13:00 (statements from the floor)
4. 13:30-15:00 (Looking ahead: Panel discussion on the high-level plenary meeting of the General Assembly on addressing large movements of refugees and migrants, 19 September 2016)
5. 15:00-18:20 (statements from the floor cont.)
- This UNHCR press release includes a summary of proposed pledges and other measures
- And if you don't want to wade through all of the above, just read this collated version of Jeff Crisp's running Twitter commentary on the meeting!
- A discussion was held the day after the ministerial meeting "to examine the outcomes of the conference, and provide an analysis of how states and civil society can work together to realize the intensifying calls for new pathways to support the safe and legal migration—and successful integration—of refugees in practice." Video/audio and Powerpoint files are available.
- Agencies Criticize Rich Countries’ Failure to Resettle More Syrians (Oxfam, Save the Children & NRC)
- Rich Countries Fall Way Short on Syrian Refugee Resettlement (IRIN)
- UN Meeting Ducks Syria Refugee Responsibility: Meager Pledges as 92 Countries Meet (Human Rights Watch)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.