CFP: The Place of International Human Rights Law in Times of Crisis, ESIL International Human Rights Law Interest Group Workshop, Riga, 7 September 2016 [info]
- Submit abstracts and other materials by 15 April 2016.
Advanced Course on International Criminal Law, "Special Focus: International Criminal Justice, Migration and Human Trafficking," The Hague, 30 May-8 June 2016 [info]
- Apply by 18 April 2016.
Call for applications: Arnold & Blema Steinberg Post-Doctoral Fellowships in International Migration Law & Policy, Montreal [info]
- Application deadline is 30 April 2016.
Call for applications: Odysseus Prizes for Publications on EU Immigration or Asylum Law [info]
- Submit applications by 8 May 2016.
CFP: International Journal of Refugee Law [info]
- Contributions sought for special issue marking the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees. The deadline is 31 August 2016.
[EXCOM Conclusions Process]
- See oral update at recent Standing Committee meeting and NGO statement.
The Future of Refugee Protection: What New Approaches to Meet a Growing Crisis? (openDemocracy, April 2016) [access]
- View new additions to this debate.
"Grappling with Global Migration: Judicial Predispositions, Regulatory Regimes, and International Law Systems," Tulsa Law Review, vol. 51, no. 2 (2015) [full-text]
IA Forum Interview: Prof. James B. Hathaway Discusses Migration and International Law (International Affairs Forum, 2016) [text]
The Role of the Special Advocate as an Alternative to Non-disclosure: Examining and Looking Beyond the Balancing Act, RSC Working Paper Series, no. 114 (Refugee Studies Centre, March 2016) [text]
The Practical Guide to Humanitarian Law (MSF) [access]
- "You will find here all the entries of the Practical Guide, regularly updated. The website is intended to be simple to use, interactive and didactic. In order to provide intuitive navigation, each entry is integrated into a broader category, a search engine is available and you will also find an index of convention and ratifications."
Quality Assurance (Refworld) [access]
- "Quality assurance projects differ in terms of objectives, length of cooperation and breadth of engagement. This special feature on Refworld aims to provide a dedicated platform for sharing publicly available project reports and relevant quality assurance tools and other publications which have been developed in the context of such projects. It also provides some examples of State run quality assurance mechanisms in which UNHCR does not have direct involvement." Side note: See also my related posts which highlighted many of these quality assurance projects.
- Thematic Focus: Law/Policy Items (15 March 2016)
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.