Report launch: Death by Rescue: The Deadly Effects of the EU’s Policy of Non-assistance at Sea, London, 18 April 2016 [info]
- See also related article entitled "Ebbing and Flowing: The EU’s Shifting Practices of (Non-) Assistance and Bordering in a Time of Crisis" (included in Near Futures listed below).
Asylum Reception in the European Union: A Flexible Model for the Future?, Webinar, 13 April 2016 [info]
- Follow link for audio.
"Europe's Last Frontier: The Spatialities of the Refugee Crisis," City: Analysis of Urban Trends, Culture, Theory, Policy, Action, vol. 20, no. 2 (2016) [free full-text]
The Long Wait: Filling Data Gaps Related to Refugees and Displaced People in the Calais Camp (Refugee Rights Data Project, 2016) [text via Migrants' Rights Network]
Near Futures Online, no. 1 (March 2016) [text]
- Focus is on "Europe at a Crossroads"; the sub-section on "Managed Inhospitality" includes 11 interviews, essays, and photo montages relating to the refugee crisis.
Opinion of the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights Concerning an EU Common List of Safe Countries of Origin (FRA, March 2016) [text]
Refugees Adrift? Responses to Crises in the MENA and Asia (Middle East Institute, March & April 2016) [access]
- Essay series with several contributions focusing on Europe.
Risk Analysis for 2016 (Frontex, March 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
A Safe Haven? Britain’s Role in Protecting People on the Move (Scottish Refugee Council et al., April 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
Testing Times for Schengen (EPRS, April 2016) [info]
- Follow link for podcast.
Turkey as a Safe Third Country? (Border Criminologies Blog, March 2016) [text]
What Will Happen to Migrants Returned to Turkey? (IRIN, April 2016) [text]
Return Watch [access]
- "This website aims to be an accessible and practical tool for people to reach us after having been forcibly returned to Turkey."
- Regional Focus: Europe (7 April 2016)
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.