- See also related news release.
Disciplining or Signaling? The Uses of Targets in UK Immigration and Asylum Policy, Paper presented at the Political Studies Association Annual Conference, Manchester, UK, 14-16 April 2014 [text]
Greece: Frontier of Hope and Fear - Migrants and Refugees Pushed Back at Europe’s Border (Amnesty International, April 2014) [text]
- See also related news release and WSJ article on both the HRW and AI reports.
London: City of Paradox (CMRB, 2014) [text]
- Includes several chapters on refugees and migrants.
New AIDA Report Shows Reception Conditions for Asylum Seekers have Improved in Bulgaria but Concerns over their Sustainability in the Longer Term Remain (AIDA, April 2014) [text]
- See also related ECRE interview with the Bulgarian Helsinki Committee's refugee programme director.
Refugees Head to Sicily in ‘Biblical Exodus’ (Daily Beast, April 2014) [text]
UNHCR Comments on the Commission Proposal for a
Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council Establishing Rules for the Surveillance of the External Sea Borders
in the Context of Operational Cooperation Coordinated by the
European Agency for the Management of Operational
Cooperation at the External Borders of the Member States of the
European Union (Frontex) COM 2013(197) Final (UNHCR, April 2014) [text]
The Wire, vol. 44, no. 2 (March/April 2014) [full-text]
- Includes three articles on EU migration and asylum policies.
- Regional Focus: Europe (17 April 2014)