Ask the Experts: Deprivation of Citizenship, Online, 11 April 2014 [info]
- Live Q&A. *See also related NYT article.
Reminder! Statelessness and International Law Course, Oxford, 17-18 May 2014 [info]
- The deadline for applications is 25 April 2014.
Reminder! UNHCR Award for Statelessness Research [info]
- Submit nominations by 1 May 2014.
*Deprivation of Citizenship Resulting in Statelessness and Its Implications in International Law: Further Comments (Univ. of Oxford, April 2014) [text]
Expert Meeting: Interpreting the 1961 Statelessness Convention and Avoiding Statelessness Resulting from Loss and Deprivation of Nationality - Summary Conclusions (UNHCR, March 2014) [text]
- Note: The expert meeting was held in Tunis, 31 Oct.-1 Nov. 2013.
Kuwait's Stateless: Not Giving Up the Fight (RI Blog, March 2014) [text]
Parliamentarians Discuss the Need to Eradicate Statelessness in Europe (PACE, April 2014) [text]
Preventing Childhood Statelessness in Europe: Issues, Gaps and Good Practices (European Network on Statelessness, April 2014) [text]
Protect Rohingya Rights - Before It's Too Late (RI Blog, March 2014) [text]
Lords Deal Blow to Home Office Plans to Make Terror Suspects Stateless (Bureau of Investigative Journalism, April 2014) [text]
- See also related Open Society Foundation press release.
"Stateless in Riga," New Eastern Europe: A Quarterly Journal of Central and Eastern European Affairs, no. 1 (2013; posted online March 2014) [full-text]
UNHCR Ghana Holds Two Day Workshop on Statelessness (UNHCR Ghana, March 2014) [text]
We Need to Talk about the Nation-State (ENS Blog, March 2014) [text]
- Updates on UNHCR's work on statelessness in West Africa, provided by the Regional Representation for West Africa based in Dakar. See also this related news article reporting on recent training for journalists in Dakar.
- Thematic Focus: Statelessness, esp. in the UK (17 March 2014)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.