Panel on Australia and Asylum Seekers, Montreal, 1 April 2015 [info]
- Chaired by Professor François Crépeau, United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of Migrants.
"Australia Makes a U-Turn with the Revival of the Pacific Solution: Should Asylum Seekers Find a New Destination?," Washington University Global Studies Law Review, vol. 13, no. 3 (2014) [open access]
"'Giving Back to Society What Society Gave Us': Altruism, Coping, and Meaning Making by Two Refugee Communities in South Australia," Australian Psychologist, vol. 49, no. 5 (Oct. 2014) [full-text via ResearchGate]
Report of the Special Rapporteur on Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment,
Juan E. Méndez - Addendum: Observations on Communications Transmitted to Governments and Replies Received, UN Doc. No. A/HRC/28/68/Add.1 (UN General Assembly, March 2015) [text via Refworld]
- Scroll to p. 7 for section relating to Australia and p. 72 for Papua New Guinea.
Review into Recent Allegations relating to Conditions and Circumstances at the Regional Processing Centre in Nauru (Govt. of Australia, March 2015) [access]
- Click on "Philip Moss Review." See also related Guardian news story.
"Turning Back the Boats is a Moral and Legal Failure, say Academics," The Guardian, 12 March 2015 [text]
- Findings of the study referenced in this news story were presented at a recent seminar and will be reported in a forthcoming IJRL article.
- Regional Focus: Oceania (4 March 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.