Protection-related events & opportunities:
Workshop: Exploring Exclusion in International Refugee Law: The Ethical, Moral and Legal Boundaries of "Complicity" in War Crimes and Crimes against Humanity, London, 25 March 2015 [info]
Course: International Summer School on Refugee Law: Western Balkans in Focus, Sarajevo, 6-16 July 2015 [info]
- Deadline for early registration is 30 March 2015.
"Refugee and Asylum Law: Theory, Policy and Practice," Thematic stream at SLSA 2015 Conference: Socio-legal in Culture: The Culture of Socio-legal, Coventry, UK, 31 March-2 April 2015 [info]
- Visit the registration page for more details.
*Reminder*: Check the March & April 2015 protection-related events that were listed in this earlier post.
Expert Meeting on Credibility Assessments in Asylum Procedures, The Hague, 8-9 Dec. 2014 [info]
- Follow link for meeting-related documents.
International Standards on Conscientious Objection to Military Service (Quaker United Nations Office, Jan. 2015) [text via Refworld]
"Refugee Protection under Islamic Law," Peace & Conflict Monitor, 6 March 2015 [full-text]
Oral Update on the Excom Conclusion, 61st Meeting of the Standing Committee, 5 March 2015 [text]
- Note: Many of you may have noticed that no EXCOM Conclusion was issued during last year's Executive Committee meeting. The Standing Committee reports from the 59th and 60th meetings give some background on discussions that took place earlier in 2014 around identifying Conclusion themes, while the a/m oral update provides some suggestions regarding improving the selection process moving forward. See also related NGO statement.
"Self-Determination, Dissent, and the Problem of Population Transfers," Chapter in The Theory of Self-Determination (Cambridge University Press, Forthcoming 2015) [eprint via SSRN]
The Trouble with Relying on How People Speak to Determine Asylum Cases (The Conversation, March 2015) [text]
- Thematic Focus: Law/Policy Items (5 March 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.