- Three reviews of Survival Migration: Failed Governance and the Crisis of Displacement (Cornell University Press, 2013) are provided, along with a response by the author.
Building Communities of Practice for Urban Refugees Project (UNHCR, 2015)
- This project is holding workshops in each of the five geographic regions "to broadcast and replicate good practices for urban refugee programmes." Reports of the workshops that have already taken place in Bangkok, Thailand and Pretoria, South Africa are now available. More information about the project is provided in the first workshop report for Asia.
"Framing International Migration," London Review of International Law, vol. 3, no. 1 (March 2015) [
- Review of three books: Foundations of International Migration Law (Cambridge UP, 2012), Border Vigils: Keeping Migrants Out of the Rich World (Verso, 2012), and Border as Method, or, the Multiplication of Labor (Duke UP, 2013). Note: This article is freely available for a limited time only.
The Oxford Handbook of Refugee and Forced Migration Studies (Oxford University Press, 2014) [info]
- Have you gotten your copy of this volume yet? If not, you can view abstracts of each chapter via the info link above. And here are a few full-text chapters to whet your appetite! Chapter 1: "Introduction: Refugee and Forced Migration Studies in Transition"; Chapter 15: "Forced Migrants as 'Illegal' Migrants"; Chapter 29: "The Politics of Refugee Voices: Representations, Narratives, and Memories"; Chapter 30: "Children and Forced Migration"; and Chapter 45: "Forced Migration in the Middle East and North Africa."
Protection in Crisis: Forced Migration and Protection in a Global Era (Migration Policy Institute, March 2015) [text]
- First report launched in a planned "seven-report series that draws from a recent [MPI Transatlantic Council on Migration] meeting, 'Refitting the Global Protection System to Meet the Challenges of Modern Crises'." More information about the series is available in this press release.
"Relocation and Resettlement from Colonisation to Climate Change: The Perennial Solution to 'Danger Zones'," London Review of International Law, vol. 3, no. 1 (March 2015) [full-text via Kaldor Centre]
Worldwide Protracted Refugee and IDP Populations (Migration Policy Centre, 2015?) [access via home page]
- Thematic Focus: General (13 March 2015)