Book Review: Asylum Seeking and the Global City (Border Criminologies Blog, Feb. 2015) [text]
Exile, Refuge and the Greek Polis: Between Justice and Humanity, Oxford, 20 Feb. 20150 [access]
- Follow link for podcast.
"'I Can't Go Back Because If I Go Back I Would Die': How Asylum Seekers Manage Talk about Returning Home by Highlighting the Importance of Safety," Journal of Community & Applied Social Psychology, Early View, 8 Nov. 2014 [free full-text]
IDPs, Refugees, and Violent Extremism: From Victims to Vectors of Change (Order from Chaos Blog, Feb. 2015) [text]
Refugee Protection and International Migration: Trends August 2013-July 2014 (UNHCR, Nov. 2014) [text]
Research Methods (Border Criminologies Discussion Forum, Feb. 2015) [access]
- Follow link for discussion topics and comments.
Bigger Picture Project (University of Edinburgh) [access]
- Series of "in depth interviews with development practitioners... .
The interviews cover a diverse range of contemporary themes and bridge the divides between education, research and practice in international development."
FlüchtlingsforschungsBlog = Refugee Research Blog [access]
- A German-language blog provided by the Netzwerk Flüchtlingsforschung (Refugee Research Network) that aims to serve as a platform for information and exchange. Posts often focus on - but are not limited to - refugee/asylum issues in Germany and Europe. Guest posts are welcome. Email blog[at]fluechtlingsforschung.net for more info.
Migrants and Citizens [access]
- "Migrants and Citizens poses the big questions we need to be asking about immigration and inequality. What does “fair” migration look like? Does protecting citizens’ rights depend upon limiting migrants’ freedoms? Or is migration actually one of the best weapons we have in the fight against poverty, injustice and social immobility – on both sides of our border?"
- Thematic Focus: General (16 Feb. 2015)
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.