App Helps Syrian Refugees Adapt to Life Away from Home (NPR, March 2015) [access]
- Follow link for audio and transcript.
"Charity Providing Refugees with Library-in-a-Box to Launch in UK," Newsweek, 19 March 2015 [text]
IST Researchers Explore Technology Use in Syrian Refugee Camp (Penn State, March 2015) [text]
Mobile Network Operators Commit to Supporting Local Communities in Humanitarian Crises (CDAC Network, March 2015) [text]
*Mobiles for Human Development: 2014 Trends and Gaps (UNDP, Feb. 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
"On Digital Crossings in Europe," Crossings: Journal of Migration & Culture, vol. 5, no. 1 (Mach 2014) [open access]
Tackling the Digital Divide: What Does This Mean for Humanitarian Responders? (CDAC Network, March 2015) [text]
Third Humanitarian Congress, Vienna, 6 March 2015 [info]
- These panels focused on ICTs: 1) Social Media: Heaven or Hell? [video] (see also related conference news items) and 2) What’s App: Innovation and New Technologies Improving the Effectiveness of Humanitarian Action – Myth or Fact? [video] (see also related conference news items)
- Reminder! Abstract submission deadline is 31 March 2015.
Innovation Spaces: Transforming Humanitarian Practice in the United Nations, Working Paper, no. 107 (RSC, March 2015 [text]
UNHCR Innovation Section [web site] [blog] [facebook] [twitter]
- This section "works collaboratively with refugees, academia, and the private sector to creatively address challenges faced by uprooted or stateless people worldwide." It also coordinates the UNHCR Ideas crowdsourcing platform to "generate ideas from refugee communities, UNHCR staff, and partners. These ideas are voted on and vetted by the online community, end-users (refugees), and experts, and then piloted and tested in the field."
- Thematic Focus: ICTs & Information-related Items (6 March 2015)
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.