Request for Proposal RFP/2015/653: Establishment of a Frame Agreement for the Provision of Protection Information Service in Strengthening the Response Capacity to RSD and Country and Legal Information Needs [info]
- Submission deadline is 30 March 2015.
Request for Proposal: Programs for Human Rights Documentation [info]
- Submission deadline is 20 April 2015.
Archiving Detention: Learning from Material Culture (Border Criminologies, June 2014) [text]
Rohingya Screen Light Portraits (Thomson Reuters, Feb. 2015) [access]
- Follow link for photographs of displaced Rohingya using "Internet huts" to communicate with family and relatives. See also related news story.
"Social Connectedness and Mobile Phone Use among Refugee Women in Australia," Health & Social Care in the Community, Early View, 27 Nov. 2014 [full-text via ResearchGate]
Ukraine: Trapped in a Propaganda War. Abandoned. Frustrated. Stigmatized: Understanding Information and Communication Needs among IDPs in Eastern Ukraine (Internews Network, Feb. 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
2015 Humanitarian Needs Overview: Humanitarian Needs Comparison Tool (OCHA, Sept. 2014) [info]
- "There is no simple solution to the challenge of comparing large volumes of such information on humanitarian needs, but the adaptation and use of the tool documented in this guidance can help this process, aggregating and combining data into a format that assists comparison and discussion."
Humanitarian Information Dashboard (Internews, Jan. 2015) [info]
- "The ability to be able to use and monitor different tools, like mobile phones, mobile apps and social media is becoming more and more important as the ability to collect information on the ground becomes more difficult due to insecurity, structural issues, geography and so on.
To respond to this, Internews is extremely proud and happy to announce the development of an innovative and integrated solution through the creation of a 'Humanitarian Information Dashboard'... ."
- Thematic Focus: ICTs, Information & Innovation (4 Feb. 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.