Australian Picture Books: Humanising and Thoughtful Depictions of Displaced Children (Refugee Research Blog, ) [text]
Council of Europe Calls on Hungary to Reconsider New Law That Risks Exposing Migrant Children to Sexual Exploitation (Council of Europe, March 2017) [text]
- See also related Reuters article.
The Detention of Asylum Seeking Children in Hungary: Dire Tendencies in Upholding the Basic Rights of Children (EDAL, March 2017) [text]
"Ethical Considerations for Children’s Participation in Data Collection Activities during Humanitarian Emergencies: A Delphi Review," Conflict and Health, 11:5 (March 2017) [open access]
Falling through the Cracks: The Children of Yemen (Unicef, March 2017) [text via ReliefWeb]
"Niñez y Adolescencia Migrante No Acompañada Retornada en el Triángulo Norte de Centroamérica," Vivienda, vol. 2 (IOM, 2016) [text via ReliefWeb]
Oral Update on the High Commissioner’s Dialogues on Protection Challenges, Sixty-eighth Meeting of the Standing Committee, Geneva, 14-16 March 2017 [text]
- See also related NGO statement.
Thematic Report on Migrant and Refugee Children: Prepared by the Special Representative of the Secretary General on Migration and Refugees (Council of Europe, March 2017) [text via ReliefWeb]
A Tide of Self-Harm and Depression: The EU-Turkey Deal’s Devastating Impact on Child Refugees and Migrants (Save the Children, March 2017) [text via ReliefWeb]
- See also related Refugees Deeply story.
"UN Criticizes, and Praises, Germany's Child Refugee Policy," DW, 21 March 2017 [text]
- Note: The report is available in German on Unicef's web site.
UNHCR Statement to High Level Panel on "How to Better Address the Often-Time Irreparable Damage Caused to Children in Conflict Situations...," 2017 Dubai International Humanitarian Aid and Development Conference, 21-23 March 2017 [text]
- Note: The theme of the conference was "The Impact of Crises and Disasters on Children."
Researching Histories of Child Refugees in Australia (Univ. of Melbourne) [access]
- "Overall this project explores the changing nature of Australian internationalism during the twentieth and twenty-first centuries through a study of a history of child refugees and campaigns undertaken on behalf of child refugees conducted by relief agencies and humanitarian organisations."
- Thematic Focus: Children (13 March 2017)
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.