Business School Beams Real-Time Lectures into Isolated Refugee Camp (Refugees Deeply, March 2017) [text]
Drawings Reveal the Struggles and Triumphs of Child Refugees in Their First Six Months of High School (The Conversation, March 2017) [text]
Education for the Future: Communities of Learning among Syrians and Jordanians in Host Communities (Arab Renaissance for Democracy and Development & Fafo, March 2017)
- Three papers are available from this project: 1) Fostering a Culture of Accountability for Improving the Learning Environment in Jordan; 2) Basic Education and Parents’ Relations with School in Mafraq City, Jordan: Findings from a Mini-survey of Jordanian and Syrian Refugee Households; 3) Improving Learning Environments in Jordanian Public Schools: Lessons from School Visits and Community Dialogue in Northern Jordan.
"Education in the Context of Internationalization, Immigration, and Forced Migration: Introduction to the Special Issue," Antistasis: An Open Educational Journal, vol. 6, no. 2 (2016) [open access]
"A High School's Lesson for Helping English Language Learners Get to College," NPR, 25 March 2017 [text]
- Audio also available via a/m link.
Higher Education Scholarship Opportunities for Refugee Students, Webinar, 8 March 2017 [info]
- Follow link for video and presentations.
How Teachers Can Prepare Refugee Children for Unknowable Futures (Refugees Deeply, March 2017) [text]
How Teachers Use Mobile Phones as Education Tools in Refugee Camps (Education Plus Development Blog, March 2017) [text]
Living in the Shadows, a Family Tries to Secure Its Children’s Future (Refugees Deeply, March 2017) [text]
The Long Journey from a Refugee Camp to an Australian School (The Conversation, Feb. 2017) [text]
New Research Voices: International Journal of Research from the Front-line, vol. 1, no. 3 (2017) [full-text]
- Theme is "Academic Solutions for the Syria Crisis." See also related Refugees Deeply story.
Urban Refugee Education: Strengthening Policies and Practices for Access, Quality, and Inclusion (Teachers College, March 2017) [text]
Integrating the Refugee Crisis into Your Curriculum (PBS) [access]
- Discusses lesson plan for middle schoolers on "A Refugee's Story."
- Thematic Focus: Education (3 March 2017)