CFP: Migration and International Law: Beyond the
Emergency?, XXII Annual Conference of the Italian Society of International Law and European Union Law, Trento, Italy, 8-9 June 2017 [info]
- Submit abstracts by 15 April 2017.
The Arc of Protection (Forced Migration Forum, Feb. 2017) [text]
- Requests comments on a book proposal described in this post.
Blog Symposium: International Human Rights Law in Times of Crisis (EJIL:Talk Blog, Feb.-March 2017)
- Here is the introduction; relevant posts include 1) The Role of Human Rights Law in Constructing Migration Emergencies; 2) 'Let them drown': Rescuing Migrants at Sea and the Non-refoulement Obligation as a Case Study of International Law’s Relationship to 'Crisis' (Part I) (Part II).
A Guide to the Geneva Convention for Beginners, Dummies and Newly Elected World Leaders (The Conversation, Jan. 2017) [text]
International Law in the Age of Trump (EJIL:Talk Blog, Feb. 2017) [text]
Interview: Making the Global Compacts on Migrants and Refugees Worthwhile (openDemocracy, Feb. 2017) [text]
Le non-refoulement comme principe du droit international et le rôle des tribunaux dans sa mise en œuvre (EU Immigration & Refugee Law & Policy Blog, Feb. 2017) [text]
"Non-Refoulement in the ILC Articles on Expulsion of Aliens and Its Practical Value for U.S. Immigration Law," Michigan State International Law Review, vol. 25, no. 1 (2017) [full-text]
The UN Should Just Say No to Returning Refugees to Danger (Human Rights Watch, Feb. 2017) [text]
Unconventional Refugees (SSRN, March 2017) [text]
- "This article considers whether a complementary form of protection for unconventional refugees is appropriate—protection that is perhaps less valuable, but also less complex to administer and easier for the refugees to access."
- Thematic Focus: Law/Policy Items (18 Feb. 2017)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.