Extra-Ordinary IGAD Summit on Durable Solutions for Somali Refugees, Nairobi, 25 March 2017 [info]
- See also info. re. Technical Experts' Meeting held in advance of the Summit.
"After Coming in, Settling in: An Analysis of Early-Stage Acculturation Preferences of Male Syrian and Iraqi Asylum Seekers in Belgium," Revue Internationale de Psychologie Sociale, vol. 30, no. 1 (Feb. 2017) [open access]
Feds Defend Trump Travel Ban's Refugee Cap (Politico's Under the Radar, March 2017) [text]
- Note: The revised U.S. travel ban maintains a cap of 50,000 annual refugee admissions which is expected to be reached by the end of April; to date, 37,323 refugees have been admitted in the current fiscal year.
If the US Won't Take Refugees, Where Do They Go? (The Conversation, Jan. 2017) [text]
- Note: Less than 1% of the world's refugees are ever resettled.
"Information Behaviour of Refugees: Viewing Refugee Integration through an Information Science Lens," ASIS&T Bulletin, vol. 43, no. 3 (2017) [postprint via Univ. of Strathclyde IR]
The Integration of Migrants and Refugees: An EUI Forum on Migration, Citizenship and Demography (European University Institute, 2017) [text]
"No More Excuses on Resettling Refugees, European Commission Warns," CNN, 2 March 2017 [text]
- See also Tenth Report on Relocation and Resettlement; additional annexes and factsheets available via this European Commission press release.
Refugee Resettlement Facts (UNHCR Canada, March 2017) [text]
Resettling Refugees in Asia and Latin America Would Let Europe Abstain from Its Responsibility (The Conversation, Feb. 2017) [text]
"Responsibility Sharing for Refugees: Now Is the Time to Increase, not Decrease, Refugee Resettlement Worldwide," Rights in Exile Newsletter, no. 79 (March 2017) [text]
Tripartite Agreement for the Voluntary Repatriation of Nigerian Refugees Living in Cameroon between the Government of the Republic of Cameroon, the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, 2 March 2017 [text via ReliefWeb]
- Note: Other Tripartite Agreements relating to voluntary repatriation are available via Refworld.
The UK Response to the Syrian Refugee Crisis (House of Commons Library, Feb. 2017) [text]
"Why Do Majority Members Prefer Immigrants Who Adopt the Host Culture? The Role of Perceived Identification with the Host Nation," International Journal of Intercultural Relations, vol. 55 (Nov. 2016) [preprint via ResearchGate]
"Working Together: Building Successful Policy and Program Partnerships for Immigrant Integration," Journal on Migration and Human Security, vol. 5, no. 1 (2017) [open access]
World Mayor 2016 Honours Mayors
for Services to Integration and Refugees (City Mayors, Feb. 2017) [access]
- See also related Guardian news story.
- Thematic Focus: Solutions (9 Feb. 2017)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.